Join BC Cattlemen's & Canadian Cattlemen's for an educational afternoon of research extension, dinner and fellowship, and Town Hall meeting in Fort St John February 2, 2016!
NOTE: in order to attend the dinner, please register by Wednesday, January 27, 2016.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Pomeroy Hotel, Fort St John BC
1:00 - 4:00 pm
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER EVENT
"KEYNOTE: Evaluating the Environmental Footprint of Cattle Production in Canada" with environment-themed mini research extension sessions on a variety of topics.
Funding for this BCCA Technology Transfer Pilot Program event has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the Ministry of Agriculture through the Canada-BC Agri Innovation Program under Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.
|4:00 - 5:00 pm
||Social hour with CASH BAR
|5:00 - 6:00 pm
||Dinner *FREE* provided by Farm Credit Canada
6:00 - 9:00 pm
CCA Town Hall Meeting
Topics may include, but not limited to:
• Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) and other trade agreements
• National Beef Strategy
• Proposal for Check-Off increase
• Marketing of Canadian Beef - Canada Beef Inc.
• Beef Cattle Research Council activities
• Environment & Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef
• Expansion of Verified Beef Program – VBP+
• Beef Advocacy Program and Cattlemen’s Young Leaders
Dinner and Town Hall sponsored by Farm Credit Canada